SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

EPISODE 17

I missed the second half today to watch Bowling For Columbine. Interesting documentary.



For the first half, this was what happened.



Defamation Case

Ling won, purely out of good luck because that guy's secretary saw a fax by Eva about that clause in his tray. He naturally missed it, so his justification for defaming her was unfounded. Eva walked away a happy woman and Ling an ackward one. Vincent tried to talk to her but she walked away, preferring a moment alone in a bus, with Ben as her companion, as she cried her heart's out. She was confused. Should she forgive Vincent? Ben said if you loved him, and if he is regrets what he did, she should. Ling thought perhaps she didn't love him enough. Ling's mom also said the same thing, after all she too had a husband who had an affair (worse, it was probably more than once) which resulted in Ling's birth. Her mom said the same thing, but her dad said dumped him. Ling was ever more confused. Jess was having the same opinion as Ben. Jess I believe would have forgiven Vincent because she loved him so much more. Maybe it's true, Ling just had this crush on Vincent, and that wasn't love and that wasn't enough for her to forgive him. But then the more you can't forgive, perhaps the more you have feelings for this guy. I am confused too. But no worries. She will walk away because there's Ben.



Anyway Vincent was very arrogant when he told his father he thinks Ling is still in love with him, no problem, everything a-ok. I don't think that outburst in court meant she was a-ok. Ling is a fiercely independant woman. I doubt she will take the betrayal lightly.



I missed the rest of the episode but fear not. Read them all in SPCNET FORUMS by T-rinh.



Performance wise, I can't comment because I saw so little today. Definitely more and better thoughts next week because there's no shows next week that I may prefer over this series.



I want to talk about Ling's reaction to Vincent's betrayal though. Would it hurt less to know it was just a one night stand, Eva didn't care about Vincent and it was actually more about the act rather than feelings that usually came with the act as in that four letter word, L-O-V-E? Would it hurt more if Vincent actually still feel something for Eva and he slept with her several times before regretting what he did? Are women more forgiving than men and often women love longer than men as in the memory of a love lingers more in a woman's heart than in a man's heart? Perhaps what Vincent did tantamount to saying he didn't really love Ling, that she was just someone who was there that he liked? That it wasn't true love since he could so easily fell into bed with another woman simply because Ling wasn't there? Or was it a purely physical need and that would make it easier for a woman to justify the betrayal and accept him back?



What do you think? What would you have done as Ling?



My answer is simple. Like what Ben said, if I love him, if he regrets it, I might be able to accept him back but I don't think I'll ever forget. Like that Savage Garden song, "I believe trust is more important than monogamy" and if I can't trust him, I might as well walk out because sooner or later I will turn into a whiny bitch with him, because everytime he's with a woman, I'll start doubting myself and I hate losing that control over myself. Which is why I do not believe in love between two strangers, marriage and eternal happiness.



Someone asked me what if my boyfriend had a wild history with women, as in sleeping around until he found me? I would dear friend, that is different. He had tasted so many types of women out there and in the end he chose me. As long as he's faithful with me, I'm ok with that.

0 comments:

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This series was released in 2003 but was broadcast over ASTRO Wah Lai Toi in 2004. This episodic thoughts was written during that broadcast over ASTRO on a daily basis from Monday to Friday, episode per episode and it is officially completed when the series ended its run. Episodic Thoughts consists of summary of plot and a review of the current episode, all written by me, Funn Lim. The comments are still open so feel free to post your comments. Please be informed that the posts in here are full of spoilers. Thank you.

> Cast list

Subject matter

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Top Commenters

Get this widget

Counter


web log analysis