SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

EPISODE 24

A devastating episode, that is the last 1 minute. But a short recap...



I missed the first half, and when I switched channle after watchingThe Apprentice, I saw Ling and Ben in a ferris wheel, Ling squeeling with fear. I don't know why I am feeling this right now as I write these words, I must confess .... I was then very very annoyed with Ling. Later did I know why. More on that later.



Ok, Vincent got that creep out. His friends deserted him, his father angry with him, Vincent feeling pretty sorry himself when he heard Ling got attacked by that creep at the funfair. It was Jess who saw him, Jess who chased after him and Jess who said he should do something to remedy the situation as he inadvertantly caused it all by defending that creep. I must say something in defence of Vincent. Someone must defend the creeps, if not Vincent, then someone else. When Vincent is counsel, he can't just do a sloppy job. But we all know why Vincent did what he did ...



He then visited his father when he saw Ben who revealed that Vincent was charged with obstruction of justice because of that cheque that true enough got the driver killed. Vincent was still angry with Ben but Ben said only Vincent could help himself and that he would always be there as his friend. Vincent was visibly ... well he looked a bit guilty. Anyway next thing we hear Vincent calling Jess apologising, regretting all his actions, went out for a drink and saw that creep who told him he kidnapped Jess. Vincent was motified. Vincent begged that creep to let Jess go, but creep took out a guy and said basically try me. Vincent didn't dare and resorted to more begging when that creep said he will rape Jess and then kill her. When Vincent begged please let her go, kill me instead, creep said he will call his men, tell his men to rape Jess and then kill her. Creep was laughing that hyena laugh and Vincent, scared and terrified for Jess quickly took the creep's gun and guess what?



He shot that guy straight into his head and that guy died. Bartended in bar came out and saw the shooting and nothing else. Then Vincent took up creep's phone but no voice. Then his own phone rang and Jess said HI! and Vincent said are you ok Jess? and Jess said of course, she just went out for I think dinner with friends. It was then that Vincent knew he was in deep shit ...



I must say, that creep's eyewear is very stylo.



Anyway, story wise, I love how Jess ran out and scolded Vincent. I love how Ben was ever so gentle with Vincent, always believing in Vincent's goodness and I love how Vincent tried his best to protect Jess, even if he had to beg and then murder. I fully support his actions. Problem is that creep was only playing mind games with him.Apparently that cheque was not real, he dragged Vincent into this little game of his. Despicable creep.



Now that scene in the pub is annoyingly too long and Sammul Chan was again at his weakest in acting out panicky scenes. The best was just the last 1 minute, the rest before it was really slow mo, too much dialogue, too much talking. I was bored half way but I really really didn't expect Vincent to shoot that creep.



Provocation is a good defence here. I am sure Ben will go all out to save him.



Bernice Liu's acting is also not very good, in fact very weak but I like her. A pity her beauty had to be buried underneath that ponytail and old style glasses but her cuteness and sunshine personality definitely shines through, even when she is sulking.



Now to answer this question I posed earlier ...



" I was then very very annoyed with Ling..."



It was the preview of the last episode where Ling even dared to speculate that Vincent pulled the trigger to hide the truth of his unethical ways! Then I saw Jess standing up scolding Ling. YA YOU GO GIRL! Oh please Ling do shut up! She is so judgmental, never giving Vincent a chance whilst Jess is not stupid but she believes in Vincent's goodness like Ben. These are true friends. I am annoyed with Ling, really annoyed but this is not the first time she put down Vincent, in fact when she flung that cup at Ben, I was like "BEN!! THROW THAT WATER DISPENSER AT HER!!". I understand why she was angry but that was no way to treat Ben, a man she knows to have great integrity.



Anyway tomorrow's episode is the end. The ending is definitely a happy one. And I just realise this series is so PG rated, no kiss-kiss. A pity.

1 comments:

kat October 20, 2004 at 5:47 AM  

cannot believe you missed the 1st half!!! (I think you need a VCR lol) that scene on the ferris wheel between Ling and Ben is arguably my favourite in the whole series, Ben was v. sweet and Ling was kinda funny with the fear of heights thing... and when they finally reconciled and she grabbed his arm... *turns to mush*

re Ling - her judgement/bias towards Vincent might also have to do with the fact that she had a messy break up with him. In the beginning she totally trusted him... then he betrayed her by that one night stand with Eva, being the emotional person Ling is.... not surprised that she became so skeptical about Vincent. To Jess, she's still majorly attracted to him, and despite all that with Eva she doesn't think Vincent has changed. It's not like the affair with Eva *personally* affected her. Jess loves Vincent too much to say anything bad about him!

NOTICE

SPOILERS alert!

All opinion remains my own

Episodic thought is a detailed recap/summary and short review of each episode (as I watch them) with a dash of my own unique way of writing (basically it means if you're not into opinion that may differ from yours, please do not continue reading.

Your comments are most welcomed. Do use Post A Comment for the appropriate episode. Do remember to bookmark the episode so you may refer back when someone replies to your comments (if any). When commenting, please observe the rules of decorum and common courtesy. If this is a new series, please avoid posting future spoilers in earlier episodes, however you may post speculations.

For your information

This series was released in 2003 but was broadcast over ASTRO Wah Lai Toi in 2004. This episodic thoughts was written during that broadcast over ASTRO on a daily basis from Monday to Friday, episode per episode and it is officially completed when the series ended its run. Episodic Thoughts consists of summary of plot and a review of the current episode, all written by me, Funn Lim. The comments are still open so feel free to post your comments. Please be informed that the posts in here are full of spoilers. Thank you.

> Cast list

Subject matter

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Top Commenters

Get this widget

Counter


web log analysis